Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Jack And Chill

Examine The Cold, Hard Facts

Photograph copyright: MATTHEW McMAHON

My old friend, the New Delhi-based author, Binoo John, has told me more than once (with undisguised glee) that my young son Matthew is a better photographer than me - so this one is for you, Binoo. He shot this picture at dusk today, using my Pentax K100D. It was a cold day - even for us Melburnians who are used to wild fluctuations in our weather, with temperatures often dropping 25 degrees in 25 minutes. Ironically, we had the hottest December night on record about three or four nights ago, but we had snow yesterday and the Monash Freeway was closed on Christmas morning as emergency crews cleared banks of hail. The oddest bit of world trivia is that Christmas day in Melbourne (we're in summer, remember!) was two or three degrees colder than New York, which is in mid-winter.

No comments: