Friday, November 24, 2006

Me Tarzan, You Chain

Railing Against The System

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

Where's the best spot to park your bike when you're in a hurry? Tethered to the railings, as close to the sign that commands you NOT to park your bicycle there. I was walking around Montreal, in the area known as The Plateau - when I spotted this incongruous sight. My French isn't the best in the world, but even I know that the warning ``Pas De Bicyclette'' probably means ``Don't be a cheeky sod and park your bike here''. And if you're in any doubt, the graphic on the sign shows clearly that it's not acceptable to park a bike there. The light wasn't the best, but by crikey, the picture just had to be taken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting picture no doubt, and it is your puns in your captions that I find so hilarious. One after the other. And I struggle to give an interesting title to the one or two articles I write!

-Sandip Madan

david mcmahon said...

Thanks, Sandip,
Puns? Moi? Never! Okay, I will confess that I use a few of them, but there is much to be said for a little bit of humour.
When I walked past the bike I did a double-take, like one of those cartoon characters! I couldn't believe my eyes. The picture had to be taken - and published.
David

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah...
great pic
and a greater read!
So these things happen
in the phoren also eh?
Madi

david mcmahon said...

Yes Madi,
There's always someone to put a spoke in the, um, wheel.
Cheers
David