Friday, November 26, 2010

Wiggypedia gets a facelift

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: 124-6129)


This might look like a page out of the French Revolution or from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but it was nothing as dramatic as either of those options. It was simply a performer at the Moomba street parade, shot in March this year.

I used a 70-300mm lens for the duration of the parade, because the focal range gave me a variety of options. From memory, this was shot at 300mm. The performers were twirling and moving constantly - but this great costume really caught my eye.

From memory, I shot about three or four frames very quickly, but this one is the best in terms of clarity. No, there was no one doing red carpet interviews! Or even green carpet interviews ....

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Love the title!

Was this supposed to be Irish green tea with a whipped cream topping?

Moannie said...

Lovely androgenous face, superb colours, and you were there to capture the moment with your unerring eye.

Akelamalu said...

Great title David and a great shot too!

aims said...

Mr. Witty - I particularly like the green tea cups!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Reminds me of a Mozartian opera soprano from one of his operas.

imac said...

And here's me thinking it was David in fancy dress.lol.