Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Day


Witnessing the real Delta force


Port Carling, Canada. Photo copyright: DAVID McMAHON


On reflection, I was rather pleased with this photograph, taken on the main dock of the Delta Sherwood in Port Carling, Canada. I'd been shooting a dramatic sunrise over the lake when the light started to change and I swung my lens to the right, to capture the splendid colours of the silver birch, yellow birch, spruce and pine reflected in the still water around the boathouse. By the way, look to the left of the frame and you'll see a diving platform. It looked inviting, but the level of the mercury made me think twice about swimming to it.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

David,

What happened to the pics? For this and the previous Post? I know they exist because I've seen them.