Monday, October 15, 2007

Full Marcus

Digital Ring For The Rank And File

A German artist has invented a digital ring that publicises how many mentions you get in a Google search. "Your Google ranking is the new status symbol, more than diamonds and wealth or even being on television,'' said Marcus Kison, 30. He says it should cost around $700, and aims to have it for sale next year. It comes with a jewel-case docking station that plugs into a computer. Every time you charge the ring, it updates your latest Google ranking.

FOOTNOTE: If you celebrate this, is it a ``search’’ party?

9 comments:

Les Becker said...

That will cost more than all the jewelry I own (that I never wear) put together is worth.

Amrita said...

Hi David, thanks for visiting my blog. You are a fabulous photographer.I love your sunset and moon photos.I 'll see of can get your book.Good to meet an author like you.
Growing up i had a lot of Anglo-Indian friends and teachers, and in church too. Most of them have migrated.I must check out the Anglo Indian food.
My cousins who are film makers in the UK have made a movie about Anglo Indian society called A little Box of Sweets.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Les,

Bling it on, er, bring it on!!

Your words are gems, so who needs jewellery?

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Amrita,

Lovely to hear from you. Glad you liked the photographs and I would love to know what you think of the novel.

I'd love to hear more about your cousins - sounds fascinating.

Do give me some more details when you have the time.

Thanks for visiting and do keep in touch.

Keep smiling

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Lord help us, don't we blog just for the sheer joy of it? Is nothing sacred? Absence of status and ranking is what bonds most of us together, isn't it??

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Wow, never thought to do that, so I Googled Mushy's and got 97,100 for Mushy's Moochings!

Not bad for a little pea-picker like me!

Ak-Man said...

I'll have to change my name if i want one of these rings.

I'll mooch off of David Beckham's fame.

I could pass as a David : )

Anonymous said...

Save some money and just paint the number on your forehead.

That's just nuts!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.