Friday, November 09, 2007

You Think You’re Patrick Swayze?

Forgive Me Dear, My Memory’s Gone Hazy

A British couple whose Dirty Dancing wedding video became a YouTube hit got a surprise visit - from Patrick Swayze. James Derbyshire, 34, and wife Julia, 33, went on the Oprah show to perform the routine. Swayze turned up during the dance and tapped James on the shoulder, and asked: "Do you mind if I step in?" He then spun Julia around the stage before lifting James in a jokey recreation of a famous moment from the movie. Julia said: "We were so shocked that Patrick wanted to meet us. Oprah told us he loved our dance and wanted to come on the show to surprise us."

FOOTNOTE: Amazing feat, er, feet.

12 comments:

Annie said...

That might be one of the best moments ever, especially for her since she got to dance with someone both good and famous.

Mega said...

I heard Swayze does birthday parties now for a minimum fee.

Joking.

The Egel Nest said...

Alternate Footnote:

In a quirky twist, after lifting James...he and Patrick Swayze came out of the closet and left the stage hand in hand...

Bradley
The Egel Nest

david mcmahon said...

Hi Annie,

It's a great story - and you're right. I'm sure it was the high point of their lives.

Good on them!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Dan,

A friend of mine actually worked on `City of Joy' with him - and said he was a very genuine guy.

But yes, when he was here for my birthday, he did it for free!!

Joking ....

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bradley,

Wasn't that a scene from `Ghost'?

You, my friend, have turned your `alternate footnotes' into an art form!

Keep smiling

David

Jo Beaufoix said...

I love that clip. And she got the real thing too. Wow.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I saw that - her face said it all, you couldn't help but smile.

Tink said...

How cool would that be?!

Sharon said...

That is great, I don't watch Oprah, but I would have for that. I love that movie :)

Misty DawnS said...

That is awesome! What a fantastic thing for him to do.

Misty DawnS said...

Oh, I had to comment again, because I wanted to say that I completely agree with you about Bradley (Egel Nest). He's super, isn't he?!?!