Saturday, January 20, 2007

Gizmo Machismo :)

Forget The Square Root, Take The Cube Route

It might look like one of those amazing 3D puzzles, but Peter Pachal has brought a great concept to our attention. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it an MP3 player? Or is it a Rubik's Cube? Thanks to Peter's review, we know that it is an MP3 player shaped like Professor Erno Rubik's most famous invention. I kid you not. ``You love your MP3 player,'' he writes on SciFi.com, ``but you love the '80s even more. This doesn't have to be a competition - not if you had an MP3 player shaped like a Rubik's Cube. Designer Hee Yong Shin's Cube MP3 player also includes some nice touches: the USB port is only visible when you twist the layers, and when you twist them back so the player becomes a cube again, the buttons lock - simple and intuitive.''
My only question is: can you use it as a Rubik's Cube? Er, no. But it is - if you'll pardon the atrocious pun - a sound investment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Atrocious pun??" Your current post and your blog in general is delicious 'pun'ishment. - Sandip Madan

david mcmahon said...

Alas, I have to agree with you, Sandip.
Maybe it's a good thing my name's not Peter. You know why? Because my wife and I would have been Peter Pun and Wendy.
Kep smiling, my friend
David

david mcmahon said...

er, sorry, that should have been ``keep smiling''.
all those puns have eroded my keyboard skills!
david