Saturday, December 27, 2008

Junk Feud

Chuck Out The Plant But Please Keep The Vase

A woman who bought a plant and vase for £1 at a car boot sale has sold it for £32,000. She thought the vase was junk and was about to throw it away but decided to have it valued on the Antiques Roadshow. The 1929 Lalique vase was valued at £25,000 - the most expensive piece of glass seen on the show. It was created by French designer Rene Lalique and is unique as the mould was broken in the production process.

FOOTNOTE: Oh, the cologne.

5 comments:

squawmama said...

What luck was that??? I could use something like that after Christmas... LOL LOL Hope your Christmas was wonderful....

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Cath said...

Oh my goodness! For a £1?
Fabulous.
I love that it is unique and wasn't meant to be. A real fluke.

Hccm said...

Some people have all the luck..lol

Gone Back South said...

I wish that had happened to me. T'would be most handy.

larkswing said...

That is great!

I saw this and chuckled and then thought, maybe you would find some humor too!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473078,00.html