Thursday, February 28, 2008

Meanwhile, Back At The Village

This Shouldn't Be All About Me/Meme

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


This post has been the subject of some self-debate. Why? Because it involves me, in a roundabout sort of way. But because I'm always happy to publicise noteworthy work by other bloggers, I over-ruled my own objections and decided to post this anyway. Pay Village Secrets a visit and check out the new David McMahon Meme. Village Secrets is an expat Aussie, so please say I sent you, say "G'day" and your visit will be appreciated even more.

Yes, the white T-shirt belongs to me. It was bought for yours truly by the beautiful Mrs Authorblog, about a year ago. Guess there is an irreverent sense of humour that touches every member of my clan, huh?

And yes, the T-shirt has three Os in Google. (You noticed that, didn't you?) I don't know why, but I guess it's to avoid being sued for copyright or trademark infringement.

18 comments:

Nessa said...

Gooogle does sound like a naughty word; D

Lia Hollander said...

Wow, some times I google myself when others are around. Is that bad?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I don't know what this says about me, but I want that shirt!

Vi said...

Doesn't everybody google themselves at one stage? It is such a fun thing to do when bored!

Merisi said...

*pantpant* (I am a bit breathless from running all the way over to Great B, but thanks, it was worth the effort! *g*).
May I guess that you have very little time for gooogling yourself?

Lana Gramlich said...

*LOL @ the shirt!*

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Seriously, that shirt could be worth MILLIONS. If not dollars, at least laughs.

BRILLIANT!

Daryl said...

Ah Mrs Authorblog is a funny lady .. but then she'd have to be to live with punny you!

Katney said...

I have gooogled myself. It can be scary.

Llama Momma said...

Love the t-shirt! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! Friends of Craver's are always welcome. :-)

Stacey said...

Oooh I want one too, David. Is that wrong? If so, on how many levels? I think Mrs. Authorblog must be one cool lady.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Me too!

It's not wrong if you don't feel guilty!

Gerald (SK14) said...

a google search for gooogle has 1,690,000 results - none of which I bothered looking at.

Cheryl said...

I need that shirt.

I'm going to check that link now.

Misty DawnS said...

I really want one of those shirts David! I find myself really respecting and getting a kick out of Mrs. Authorblog more and more :-)

BRUNO said...

Thankfully, at least it's not emblazoned on a pair of "tighty-whities"!

Although, it might indeed look snazzy on a set of "feed-sack-sized" boxers, like I wear...!

i beati said...

I actually collect unique t shirts- lately rather blah but I have some classics - early Beatles- pictures of real Llamas-ethnic puns etc.

Anonymous said...

Googling oneself is certainly fun. Your t'shirt is very colourful, David. How kind of your lovely wife to offer such a gesture. Perhaps she should gooogle you also.

Crystal xx