Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The World's Slowest Indian? Moi?

Looking For New Horizons


Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This photograph is for the benefit of the many Canadian visitors who've read this blog in the past week. I took this shot in Montreal last September, while I spent 10 days photographing that amazing country for the Canadian Tourism Commission. I spotted this lifesize figure in the doorway of a shop, as I walked to the waterfront. The light was fading in the late evening, but I took this with my Canon EOS 3000 and I think the shot still turned out all right, even though it was dusk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi David, My name is Cecilia and am a friend of Nirmal's. I know a little bit about you from him, too. I live in Montreal now, and I wonder whether you remember where specifically you took this photo? I'd be interested to know! I dabble in photography (most amater of the amateurs!) and am using a Nikon D70s, the features of which I am just learning to be familiar with. I am very impressed with your photos!

cheers,

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cecilia,
Wish I could help, but it was one of about 1000 pix I shot in two days in Montreal. Because it was a shop and not a specific location, I didn't note it down. However, I do recall that it was on the way to the waterfront. The shop was on the right of the street and very close to a camera retailer on the opposite side of the street. I'll try and get some more details as soon as I can.
Cheers