Thursday, September 28, 2006

Get Into Footy, Boots 'N' All

The Biggest Football Game Of The Year



Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON
I'm pretty happy with this shot, as it captures two of the most recognisable symbols of Melbourne.
On the right is the historic dome of Flinders Street Station (for more pictures of this landmark, check out There Is Nothing Like A Dome) and on the left is a larger-than-life representation of the Australian Football League premiership cup.
It is presented to the winner of the Grand Final, to be held on the turf of the MCG (that's the Melbourne Cricket Ground) this Saturday.
The League comprises sixteen teams from around the country, with a home-and-away season comprising 22 gruelling rounds. If you want more information about the game, visit the Australian Football League website. This year's Grand Final - between the Western Australia-based West Coast Eagles and the New South Wales-based Sydney Swans - is a repeat of last year's contest.
And of course, because the trophy has such prominent handles, you often hear the distinctly uncharitable theory bandied about that they were crafted to represent the rather prominent ears of the heir to Britain's throne.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I have been using Advanced Gain Pro for 3 months now and I must say I'm simply amazed. I really didn't think the product would have this many benefits. I really only purchased the pills to help the reliability of my erections. But to my surprise every aspect of my penis and sex life has improved. I have larger, harder erections easily, and I can really satisfy my girlfriend fully