Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Many Miles To The Galleon

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Jest


Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

Okay, so why am I posting this picture? Because it's International Talk Like a Pirate Day today.

You think I'm kidding? Nope. It really is, me hearties. This huge hoarding of Cap'n Jack Sparrow and his co-stars can be seen on Waverley Road, Melbourne. It is high on the side of a building and the only way I could get the shot to show the blue-grey brick wall on the left was to include the eaves of a nearby shopfront on the right.

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum. What else do pirates say? Ah yes, don't they brandish their cutlasses and chant: ``Dead men tell no tales?'' No, I've got that wrong; I think it should be ``Deaf men tell no tales''. Either that, or I've been tricked - Hook, line and sinker.

No comments: