Thursday, January 24, 2008

Delight Sabre

May The Faith Be With You

Two Star Wars-loving brothers are planning to set up a Jedi church in Wales. Barney and Daniel Jones want fellow devotees to be able to join them on Anglesey. Barney, 26 - or Master Jonba Hehol - and Daniel, 21 - Master Morda Hehol - head the UK Church of the Jedi. They say their services will include sermons on The Force, light sabre training, and meditation techniques. Although the current members are all men, women are not excluded, as Barney points out: "Princess Leia helped them out a lot."

FOOTNOTE: Peeking up with the Joneses.

8 comments:

Nessa said...

I give classes on how to speak Wookie if anyone is interested. And I can translate Hutt into English, although not High Hutt, just Hutt slang.

Monique said...

Might join. After all, Wales is gorgeous.

Would they need planning permission though?

Dragonstar said...

Oh, priceless!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Sweet! The husband and I are Star Wars crazies. I wonder if nutter Colonists are allowed to join? My friends call me Darth Chocolate...

The Egel Nest said...

Alternate Footnote:

Oh...Wookie here...a Jedi church...

Readings will be from the book of Matthew Chapter R2D2:C3PO

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Unknown said...

Can you imagine if someone did that with our books...how freaky would that be?

Mary said...

HAHAHAHA This just rocks! HAHAHAHA
Huge Star Wars geek I am, I own Stormtrooper armor and am a member of a largest Star Wars costuming club: The 501st Legion. I'm known as TK624.

It actually surprises me that it took this long, being that quite a number of people in the UK claim that it's their religion (and yes religious holidays were observed...using Star Wars dates, and even movie opening dates).

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Sounds like my kind of congregation!