Saturday, December 01, 2007

Good Kick Wenceslas

Over And Out For Welsh Youngsters

Welsh shopkeepers called in the police - because they felt children were singing Christmas carols too loudly. The 29 children, aged six to 11, were initially asked to stop by a shopping centre security guard. Head teacher Ian Jones, who was leading the group, refused and minutes later a police support officer arrived to ask the youngsters to leave. Mr Jones, of Sant Sior School in Llandudno, branded the incident at the town's Victoria Centre as "ridiculous". Centre manager Sue Nash admitted the police intervention was a mistake and promised the kids could return to the centre next weekend.

FOOTNOTE: Receiving you lout and clear.

14 comments:

none said...

Damn fascists are always trying to ruin christmas.

Patty said...

I find it so amazing how something so small can turn into something so big. What harm were the children doing, other then singing. I would think most people would enjoy that.

katherine. said...

lout is right....but at least the welsh aren't objecting to santa saying, "ho ho ho"....

j/k

The Egel Nest said...

Alternate Footnote:

Hark, the herald angels stopped singing...

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Alex L said...

The Grinch lives...

Anonymous said...

wow! I guess the police don't have much to do around there! ;-)

Akelamalu said...

Oh bloody hell what's the world coming to??? Pardon my French please David. :( At least reason prevailed later.

holly said...

i was going to go up there and kick some butt. then i realized it's a 4 hour drive. i'll just turn my nose up at them from here.

Lee said...

Ah, Ebenezer Scrooge lives on in the person of that security guard. While I wouldn't want anyone to lose their job at Christmas, I hope he gets a good talking to.

Peace!

sam said...

the shop keeper must have been a member of the Ba-Humbug crowd! No-one does carol singing around here and i miss it!

Unknown said...

I believe if I were the kids I would take my caroling somewhere else!

JunieRose2005 said...

Oh,my goodness!!

There's nothing more precious than children singing Christmas songs!!

That's sad! :(


Junie

Anonymous said...

I watched that report on the news last night. Unbelievable. Typical. Scandalous.

Crystal xx

FHB said...

I swear to God, thew world is goin' crazy.