Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ribbons Across The River

Even In Darkness, You Can Find Colour

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Sometimes you see something that just stops you in your tracks. This was taken some weeks ago, in pitch black conditions. But the thing that really caught my attention was the ribbon-like pattern of the lights on the inky surface of the river.

My good friend, the Canadian blogger Allan Cook, reckons when I have a camera in my hand, I am irrevocably drawn to water. You know what - I think he's right. Maybe it's the fact that I spent my childhood a stone's throw away from water. Or maybe it's because you never know what mysteries you'll see on the surface of the water. On this occasion, the shimmering colours below the Swan Street bridge were impossible to resist.

 

10 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Strikingly beautiful.

Patty said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

Excellent! This photo reminds me of some I shot years ago from southern Indiana looking at the city of Louisville reflected in the Ohio River at night.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love water just as much, with or without camera.

imac said...

2 great shots as always for a whirly - windy person.

You must be a very busy person this time of the year and to do all this blogging + this party comng up

Akelamalu said...

That's amazing! :)

Sandy Kessler said...

quite lovely ..how's the book doing?going

Catmoves said...

David, would you please send me an email? I am having a problem with your web site and need your advice.

Anonymous said...

beautiful night shots fantastic light. well done

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

"Even In Darkness, You Can Find Colour" ah yes- like the glow-in-the-dark Scooby-Doo socks we bort my cuzzin fer Crismoss.