Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lager Than Life

Pint-Sized Technology For UK Drinkers

My knowledge (such as it is) of the world at large would be worth nothing without the regular schooling I receive from my colleague and soul bruvva Kit Galer. He just gave me the socially vital nugget of information that pub-goers are pulling their own pints after a bar set up self-service booths in the UK, where he was born. The DailyRecord.com tells us that the Tapped Self-Serve Bar, in Otley, West Yorkshire, has lager taps in booths for punters to help themselves. The pumps are linked to computers for pre-paying. Owners Ryan Blackburn and Dave McKendrick are claiming they are the first pub in Britain to try it. Ryan said the taps put an end to the ``pain'' of having to queue for ages at the bar. One final thought: did they ask Kit Galer's permission to start the Social Revolution?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, Ryan Blackburn here, owner of tapped self serve beer bar in yorkshire, just wondering who is kit galer?
please e-mail ryan@tappedbars.co.uk or look on our website tappedbars.co.uk for any information you might need
cheers

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ryan,
As you would have seen in my email, Kit Galer is journalist, an erudite colleague of mine who knows everything about everything. He is, I guess, my local Minister For Knowledge!
Cheers
David