Thursday, December 07, 2006

Three's A Cloud

Looks Like A Painter's Sky

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This shot was taken a couple of evenings ago. We were in the car when I noticed a wonderful range of colours in the sky, but I could not pull over and grab the camera. Sitting at the wheel, I thought the colours would evaporate by the time I was finally able to pull over - but to my good luck, they were even more arresting when I was finally able to stop, park and get the camera out. The light was changing very quickly and I didn't want to waste a couple of minutes climbing to a vantage point, so I just made the best use of the scene. The tree branchess on either side of the picture didn't really bother me, but of course there was nothing I could do about the street light. In retrospect, though, it does provide a point of perspective to the frame.

5 comments:

Fletch said...

Loved the pic - hated the lamp post - 'perspective' or not!

17 seconds later (kid you NOT!) in Photoshop - lamp post gone!

We've discussed before how you absolutely HATE retouching your original work, but you try and pick out where your lamp post used to be in the retouched pic . . . !!

Look here . . .

david mcmahon said...

Great stuff, Terry,
As usual, you've turned in a stirling effort. That's a top result and hmmmm, you may have a point!
Running ... got a wedding to go to and guess what - it's 41 degrees and yep, that's Celsius!
Cheers
David

Anonymous said...

Thats a really nice snap. Before I read below I actually thought it was a snap os a painting - Siddharth

david mcmahon said...

Thanks Siddharth,
I was just the conduit. The amazing sunset was there - I just hit to hit the trigger!
David

david mcmahon said...

.... er, that should have read ``had to hit the trigger''.
Sorry!