Thursday, September 13, 2007

Best Wedding Knight Ever

Joust Another Day In Paradise

This couple really took a step back in time. There hasn't been a wedding like it in England for seven centuries. The bride arrived riding side-saddle on a white mare in a dress made from 90 metres of silk. Waiting for her was her knight in shining armour. No, really, I kid you not. Sian Jenkins and Rupert Hammerton-Fraser are so fascinated by the Middle Ages they recreated the medieval ceremony at Lulworth Castle, Dorset, complete with a $70,000 banquet, jousting and a battle re-enactment.

FOOTNOTE: Plenty of place on the wenches, er, benches, m’lord.

8 comments:

RUTH said...

If I wasn't such a lady I'd ask if the groom intended to use his lance a lot :o)

dot said...

OH Ruth, that is halarious!! I think you should have an award for the "comment of the day"! lol

mrsnesbitt said...

LOL@Ruth!
Or failing the comment of the day award which really David you should consider.................
as my mum would have said......

"Silly Buggers!"

LOL

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ruth,

That is the wittiest comment of the month - and believe me, I get a few classics.

You win hands down!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Dot,

Applause all round for Ruth!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Denise,

That just has to go in a special category! Priceless, isn;t it!

Keep smiling

David

Neva said...

That would be a sight to see...I loved Ruth's comment! thanks for visiting my blog...I love finding blogs like yours....

b. said...

You are sooooo good at your post titles! Yer funny!