Monday, September 10, 2007

Post Of The Day

The best writers are those who paint a word-picture for us, and I have to say that Allan Cook does it wonderfully in his recent post The Smell of the Past - and he has a great picture to go with it as well. Among the other posts that caught my eye today are Kai Blue's Such is Life, Singleton's Something Always Gives Me Away, Mrs Nesbitt's Toy Story and Old Man Lincoln's shot of a nuthatch at precisely the moment it takes flight - White-Breasted Nuthatch.

To nominate a post, just leave me the url as a comment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the link and the kind words, David. It means a lot coming from a writer of your calibre.

Cheers!

mrsnesbitt said...

Aw Thanks David! The quality of an answer is determined by the quality of the question...you indeed set fascinating questions, we can just respond!

Thank you so much.
I too feel it means a lot coming from you.

Dx

david mcmahon said...

G'day Allan,

You are a class act. I've always said that.

And a terrific bloke as well.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Denise,

No, I should be saying thank YOU. I have the easy role - asking the questions.

I'm so glad you find them fascinating. I do try and make the questions ``connect'' with people.

Thank you for your support.

Keep smiling

David

Jeni said...

Just like two ships, passing in the night, we make a small bit of contact here. I checked out Mr. Cook's post, on your advice, and it was exactly as you said - a good picture, painted with words. Well worth the read too.

KaiBlue said...

thankyou for the mention here, I was reading your blog and like the quality of yours. The pictures are illuminating..
I did join writers Island on the recommendations of Blue and Mrs Nesbitt (Denise.) To try and improve my prose.. my first attempt was
485- My imaginary life.
Thank you again SO much for taking time to help..
PEace, Kai