Monday, September 10, 2007

Mow Better Blues (Or Browns)

Yes, I Even See Beauty In A Swirling Dust Cloud

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


So there I was in the car, with the camera on the seat beside me. I saw this billowing cloud of dust as Pete Miller used his ride-on mower - and I knew the picture had to be taken. But by the time I pulled over and got the camera out, most of the dust had subsided. Pete was just wrapping up, unfortunately, so my picture opportunity was about to disappear down the gurgler. So I told him what I was trying to do and very sportingly, he agreed to reprise the performance.

Click here: Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/500, F8, ISO speed 200.

6 comments:

Alex L said...

We used to try and chase the small dust devils that swept through when we were kids, the pictures kinda reminds me of that

david mcmahon said...

Sounds like a good post to me. Might sound mundane to you, but to your readers (and me) it's all a new experience.

Let's see it thru your eyes ....

Leanne said...

hello there, from not so sunny england. thanks for the email. glad you enjoy my mums blogs she is a very dedicated blogger, whereas me i just do it ive something to say lol!! hope your having a good day.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Leanne,

Lovely to hear from you. You Mum is one of my many favourites.

Thanks for dropping by. Enjoy your week. And say hi to your wonderful mother for me.

Keep smiling

David

Hin Man said...

I almost cough when I read your post. Nice captures in the pictures. You are creative even while sitting in your own car.

david mcmahon said...

G'day Hin Man,

I hope your coughing fit didn't last too long!

I actually jumped out of the car to take the pictures - and I was soon coughing as much as you!

Keep smiling

David