Monday, April 30, 2007

All Things Brighton Beautiful

All Features Great And Small

Got a lazy $10 million lying around in your piggy bank? That's about $820,000 in greenbacks and a tad over 400,000 quid if you live in the United Kingdom. You see, if you're looking for new digs, that's the asking price on Shane Warne's upmarket home in the Melbourne beachside suburb of Brighton. Don't quite have the required amount? No worries, mate, the whisper is that the ``nearest offer'' could be in with a chance. No need to get into a flat spin.

PS: Well, guess who was in a flat spin? Me! My friend Siddharth Khandelwal just pointed out a basic flaw in my maths. I should have written the conversion as 8.2 million in greenbacks and a tad over 4 million quid.

Please write out new cheques.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all have that kind of money laying around???
Great articlt.
Pj's and coffee
http://cash4blogging.blogspot.com

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Housing market is such a lottery. We lived in an end of terrace house, with a tiny yard for a garden in London. Selling up, we couldn't believe it's worth (we'd lived there 13 years - lucky for some). Manx prices are no where near as high.

I love my new house.

Anonymous said...

The real estate is through the roof even here in India. I am working for a real estate compnay called unitech, the share price of which in the last 5 years has gone up by about 200 times (Yes, about 200 times and no I dont have any shares). The golf villas I am selling here in Gurgaon, a suburb of Delhi, are between US$1.5 million to about US$2.5 million and people are buying it... Siddharth

david mcmahon said...

Hi pjsandcoffee,

Er, yes, (I think). All of us certainly do.

Take it easy

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Perfect timing, I think, is the key. Well done.

I can see you as a property magnate!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Siddharth,

Yes, I've heard of Unitech. Wow, 200 times! That's historic.

I know what you mean. People don't realise just how cash-fuelled the Indian boom really is.

Take care. Say hi to Reem for me.

David