Saturday, April 28, 2007

Internet Cheddar Is The Big Cheese

A Million Viewers Can’t Be Wrong

A large English cheddar cheese has become a star of the internet, attracting more than a million viewers to sit and stare at it as it slowly ripens. First placed in front of a webcam in late December, the Westcombe cheddar came to public attention in early February and has since attracted viewers from 119 countries. ``It has been a real challenge keeping the cheese up and running with all the interest it has generated," a spokesman for the company running the website, Cheddar Vision, said Wednesday. Watchers have tuned in from as far afield as Albania and New Zealand, although most are from the United States where a school has even sent in pictures of two crocodiles to guard the cheese.

4 comments:

Papoosue said...

Cheddar watching - who would have thought? Thanks for stopping by my blog David, the tools icons seem to have disappeared for now! I wonder if you might be able to help me with a problem that is really annoying me...I can't seem to get my photos to enlarge when clicked on - have tried various suggestions to no avail. Any ideas?

Susan
http://randomblethers.blogspot.com

david mcmahon said...

Hi Susan,

No worries at all. Yes, there is an easy fix for this problem, too.

After uploading a picture to a post, it will go to a default position and will appear in a default size.

To enlarge the image, just click on it to activate the element. Then click on any of the toggles that outline the picture and enlarge to whatever width and depth you choose.

If you want to go back on an old post and alter the size of the image, go to your dashboard and click the `Edit Post' option for that particular blogpost.

Again, just click on the image to activate the element - and repeat the process described above.

Let me know if you have any other queries. I'm always happy to help.

Cheers

David

Papoosue said...

Thanks for the advice David, I'm off to try that out shortly and will let you know if I am successful. :)

Papoosue said...

Back again David. I don't think I explained my problem correctly the first time! What I should have said was I want my blog photos to enlarge when someone clicks on them for a closer look, not to resize them within the blog. I like to look at other photos of textiles 'close up' to see technique etc and I'd like that to happen with my photos too. Sorry about that misunderstanding - any ideas?