Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's The Easter Sails

For Once, Rigging Gets The Vote

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON



It's not often you get the chance to photograph a yacht from a clifftop - looking through a latticework of native shrubs and trees. I took these shots late yesterday afternoon, at the appropriately named Commodore Heights at Sydney's West Head Lookout. That's the Pacific Ocean below and I have to tell you, it looked pretty blue to me. A lot of people get caught up in this heated debate about which is the better city, Sydney or Melbourne. And me? My point of view is simple. I just reckon we should be happy to have two world-class cities on the same stretch of coastline.

2 comments:

Bart said...

It's amazing how not blue the oceans look when you get a look at the Caribbean. Though in those areas it might be way more blue than the Atlantic around my way. Stupid pollution.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart,

The Caribbean is one place I must head to with my camera. It's on my ``to do'' list now.

David