Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Drop In Any Time

Did You Have A Nice Drip?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This photograph was taken in a friend's garden in Pymble, on Sydney's North Shore. As you can see, it rained a fair bit while we were in New South Wales and the lush green carpet across the state and the city took me cpmpletely by surprise. After all, we live in Melbourne, the capital of Victoria, which is known as the Garden State. But everything here is barren and dry while New South Wales is completely verdant. So I guess it's no wonder that my attention was caught by the translucent, pearl-like droplets on the leaf-needles of this tree.

6 comments:

Deborah Gamble said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, one of my favorites of yours so far. I'm mesmorized. This is exactly why I read your blgo everyday!

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

This is beautiful, David - I love your eye, keep 'em coming.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

In reality, I was the one who was mesmerised by the sight - and it's pretty difficult to try and focus on miniature water droplets!

By the way, I'm still looking into the glitch that caused your blog to vanish from the weekly Blog Awards list.

I think I know how the error occurred but let me investigate it. I have no one to blame but myself.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

Hope you didn't eat too many Easter eggs during your trip.

Glad you liked the picture. A very good friend of mine in Sydney who is also a photographer just laughs and says she cannot pick what I'm going to photograph next!

Cheers

David

Deborah Gamble said...

David,
Just to clarify... In addition to reading your blgo? I also read your blog.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

Yes, I did have a chuckle at that mention of the blgo!

David