Thursday, April 19, 2007

Where There’s Smoke, There’s Safety

Look Out For That Oak Treeeeeeeeeee

Smoking just might have saved Brenda Comer's life. The South Carolina woman had just finished washing dishes and stepped outside to smoke when a 32m oak tree crashed through her roof, cutting her kitchen and living room in half. Amid the rubble and destruction, there was also a tinge of humour. ``I saw a bottle with two pills,'' Comer said. ``I thought, `Well, I have a headache, and there's two Excedrin'.''

6 comments:

Deborah Gamble said...

She perked up at the sight of two aspirin? That is what I call someone who sees the glass half full.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Think I might've needed a full bottle, myself..

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

I would have reached for the Scotch - and I don't even drink!

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

Yep, too phlegmatic!

David

Fletch said...

I must forward this story to the "Pro-Smoking Lobby", of whom I am a card-carrying member.

"Smoking Can SAVE Your Life" has just got to be the ultimate positive spin!

david mcmahon said...

Hi El Tel,

Aye, Cap'n. It's better spin than Shane Warne at his best.

It's more than a handy hint. You could say that's a ``filter'' tip.

David