Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Windows 98

It's More Like A Windows Vista, Really

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON



The one place I don't carry my camera is of course when we go to church. But on Easter Sunday we went to morning Mass at Sacred Heart Church with friends in Pymble, Sydney, and I kept looking up at this amazing stained-glass window (well, it was more like a stained-glass ceiling) and kept wishing I'd brought the camera bag with me. Immediately after Mass, I asked the priest if I could come back with my camera and he readily agreed. I was back in less than half an hour! To get the best angle in the first photograph, I actually had to kneel, which was really appropriate. And I took the second picture because the reflection of light across the wooden beams was just a riveting sight.

2 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Your church is beautiful. I had the honour to worship at a rather ancient, and similarly gorgeous building last week. Have to admit, my mind was focused more on the stained glass, than on the sermon at the time, but I knew no one would hold it against me, least of all that fella' who sees into my heart!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

Have to admit, the sermon was very good as well!

Then again, the churches in your part of the world are considerably older and far more historic than they are in this new country.

Nothing like a great stained glass window, is there!

David