Friday, April 27, 2007

A Tractor Attracter

Deere, Deere, That’s No Limo, My Dear

Forget taking a limousine to the prom. One high school senior drove his date in a 1992 green John Deere 8760 tractor. "A few people made bets with me that I wouldn't do it," said Levi Rue, a senior at New Rockford-Sheyenne High School. "I guess I won them."

Rue suggested the idea to his date, Alissa Bachmeier, last Thursday, two days before the prom. She wasn't sure, worried about her dress getting dirty. But after Rue showed her pictures of the tractor and promised to make sure it was immaculate, Bachmeier agreed. "I cleaned it up pretty good," he said.

Bachmeier wore a lime green prom dress that nearly matched the tractor. Rue said they drove around town and to his grandmother's house to show her the unusual chariot. "We got quite a few people who stopped and looked and stared and waved," he said.

6 comments:

Mega said...

David! I just purchased your book online. I read the description and I am intrigued. I shall post my review once I receive it and get it read. You're a celebrity!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Dan,

That is so kind of you; I am really touched by that.

Thank you for a) reading the description and b) buying the book. I really am very humble and very grateful.

And yes, I look forward to the review. If you have any questions about the book or the storyline, don't hesitate to let me know.

My thanks once again

David

Anonymous said...

Thats give me an idea for the big december function... ummm... Siddharth

david mcmahon said...

Hi Siddharth,

And I can bring the combine harvester and a good Aussie ute!

David

Deborah Gamble said...

Now that is the epitomy of the song, "She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy"!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

You hit the nail on the head. As usual.

Take care

David