Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lorne Order Situation

A Riverside Study In Light And Shade

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


It's a tough challenge - take a photograph with almost fifty per cent of the frame area in silhouette. I was just lucky with this one. I was in Quebec City on a rainy, grey afternoon when the weather suddenly lifted. I was near the Chateau Frontenac, intrigued by the pavilions on the splendid boardwalk of the Dufferin Terrace. One was the Victoria pavilion, the same name as the Australian state I live in. Another was the Lorne pavilion, the same name as a coastal town in my home state. This shot suddenly loomed and I captured it on a little Pentax Optio. Tne light was just right, good enough to provide a view of the mighty St Laurence River and a cruise liner in the background.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Congratulations!!!

david mcmahon said...

Hu Nulle,

Thank you for dropping by and taking the trouble to comment. I was just in the right place at the right time for this shot - lucky!

Hope to see you here again.

Cheers

David