Monday, April 16, 2007

Watch Out For The Titanic

Nothing Secondhand About The Second Hand

Steel and coal from the wreck of the Titanic have been transformed into a new line of luxury wristwatches that claim to capture the essence of the legendary ocean liner which sank in 1912. Geneva watchmaker Romain Jerome SA billed its Titanic-DNA collection as among the most exclusive pieces showcased this week at Baselworld, the premier watch and jewellery trade fair. The metal has been authenticated by the Titanic’s builders Harland and Wolff.

4 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Is it just me, or is that just a little twisted?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shrink,

I'm with you. I don't think I'd be rushing out to buy a watch that was made from metal that entombed people on the seabed.

Naaaah, not for me.

David

Ak-Man said...

OK, seems I'm an oddball here . . . cos i really want one of these watches. Dont know why, just seems so exclusive.

I can think of some whitty jokes about these watches but the tradgedy of the titanic is real so i'll pass this time.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ak-Man,

Nice to hear from you again. Yes, I also think the Titanic watches are in rather poor taste.

I wouldn't rush out to buy a watch made from the metal of the gun that was used to assassinate President Lincoln.

David