Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Friend In Knead

Leave A Massage On My Answering Machine

This is for Stacy, who wanted links for some of my travel writing. I’ve got a few of these yarns, and as you can see, I’ve had a bit of fun documenting my time in the rest of the world. This is about the first time I had a massage, in Bali, Indonesia ….

Other people’s nudity, I don't have a problem with, but this is ridiculous. This bloke reminds me of the scene in `The Full Monty’ when the would-be male stripper nicknamed Horse drops his daks. Robert Carlyle's jaw drops and, when he has regained his composure, he announces in a quavering voice, "Gentlemen, the lunch box has landed".

I'm a bit nervous about having my first massage and this guy, obviously a member of the Chippendales, is not making it any easier for me. Then I remember the all-important line on the booking form that said "Please keep your underwear or your bathing costume on".
I am so relieved. Inadequate, nonetheless, but relieved.

To read the rest of the story, go to The Anglo-Indian Portal as it would be too long to post here. Do let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Great story, David! I also enjoyed your other stories on the portal.

Papoosue said...

Yes David, I liked it. I felt I was there and that is the true test for me. The finger pulling thing must be a universal thing as my children are definitely aware of it!

SandipM said...

Entertaining and interesting story, David. Also, it helps me know what to expect and do, if and when I go for my first massage!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Stacy,

Thanks so much - I'm glad you enjoyed the yarn. I enjoyed writing it.

Glad you had the time to look at other stories as well on the Portal.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Papoosue,

It's so good to know that the story transported you to Bali. It was a great experience.

I was really interested to read your observation about the finger-pulling, too!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Sandip,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. So you're flying to Bali now?

Take care

David