Thursday, May 31, 2007

Passing Sentence Game #4

Lucid In The Sky With Diamonds

Can 15 different sentences – written by different bloggers – make a good story? There’s only one way to find out. As we did last week and the week before, I’m going to write the first sentence and I invite you to contribute the next sentence, in sequence. Just leave your sentence as a comment, and I’ll keep adding them here on this blogpost. Now you can see why I call this ``passing sentence''. Here goes the first sentence …

They say airbrushing is great for hiding blemishes and I can now reveal exclusively that I was the fifth Beatle and that I was airbrushed out of the famous Abbey Road album cover.

Time elapsed: 2hr 20mins. Second sentence from Catmoves in the US.

On the other hand I finally wrote the truth: Australia Finds a New Power Source - Beer.

Time elapsed: 30 seconds. Third sentence from Bart in the US.

Not only that, but the infamous "Paul is Dead" back-masking actually was referring to me, Saul Westhead.

Time elapsed: 2 hr 20 mins. Fourth sentence from Chertiozhnik in the UK.

If they'd just left me alone and hadn't airbrushed me out - blemish - I wouldn't be about to do what I'm going to do next (Aside) woo that moved the plot along so much, the set fell over (end aside).

Time elapsed: 11hrs 52mins. Fifth sentence from Terry Fletcher in Portugal:

OK, OK - here's what I intend to do next. I've found one of my mum's old dresses, but I have a problem with her shoe size. So I'll go barefoot and call myself 'Shandy Store' in an oblique reference to that good old Aussie institution - The Pub!

Time elapsed: 14hrs 51 mins. Sixth sentence from Sam in India:

And there I go prancing down the street, without a shoe on my foot, a penny to my name .... and a song on my lips; "Hey you .... the cute one there, watch out I'm coming for you!", I want to say to every young man there; and thus I went dancing all the way.... all the way to.....

Time elapsed: 2hrs 38mins. Seventh sentence from OzLady in Singapore:

"....the top, coz it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll, baby!" I sing as I shake my thang down the street.

Time elapsed: 4hrs 40 mins. Eighth sentence from SB:

Ever played team chess (two on two, alternate players move for each team) you’ll get a similar kick out of it.

Time elepased: 2hrs 11mins. Ninth sentence from Lynne:

I've been airbrushed too - I used to be a Playboy centrefold, which was pretty cool, but my tights kept getting snagged on the staple through my navel but I've had it airbrushed out now, and no problem!

Time elapsed 12hrs 50mins. Tenth sentence from BTBear in the UK:

We had the same problems in Bears For Girls and in the end I saw the wisdom of always keeping your pants nearby; actually, if you look closely on the Abbey Road cover, you'll see me waving mine from behind the lamp-post on the right - or at least, on the earlier editions because on the re-presses they airbrushed me out.

12 comments:

Catmoves said...

On the other hand I finally wrote the truth: Australia Finds a New Power Source -- Beer.

Bart said...

Not only that, but the infamous "Paul is Dead" back-masking actually was referring to me, Saul Westhead.

Chertiozhnik said...

If they'd just left me alone and hadn't airbrushed me out - blemish! - I wouldn't be about to do what I'm going to do next.

Chertiozhnik said...

(aside) woo that moved the plot along so much, the set fell over (end aside)

Fletch said...

OK, OK - here's what I intend to do next. I've found one of my mum's old dresses, but I have a problem with her shoe size. So I'll go barefoot and call myself 'Shandy Store' in an oblique reference to that good old Aussie institution - The Pub!

Anonymous said...

And there I go prancing down the street, without a shoe on my foot, a penny to my name.... and a song on my lips!!
"hey you.... the cute one there, watch out I'm coming for you!!", i want to say to every young man there.....
And thus I went dancing all the way.... all the way to.....

Anonymous said...

".. the top, coz it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll, baby!" I sing as I shake my thang down the street.

Anonymous said...

ever played team chess (two on two, alternate players move for each team)? you will get a similar kick out of it.

- s.b.

Lynette Hadley said...

I've been airbrushed too. I used to be a Playboy centrefold, which was pretty cool, but my tights kept getting snagged on the staple through my navel. I've had it airbrushed out now, and no problem!

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

We had the same problems in Bears For Girls. In the end I saw the wisdom of always keeping your pants near. Actually, if you look closely on the Abbey Road cover, you'll see me waving mine from behind the lamp-post on the right. Or at least, on the earlier editions. On the represses they airbrushed me out.

Scott from Oregon said...

I tried this very thing a week back. We petered out after about 18 sentences...

Perhaps a joining of forces, my readers added to your readers coupled with someone like, say Carol Cooper's readers and we might make a story go?

Some lovely photos btw...

Cheers, mate!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Scott,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

I think the idea will work. The past three weeks it's been really quick and the responses have been interesting.

All three people who critiqued the concept also gave it the green signal.

This week the whole thing seems to have got mired, so I'm going to rest it for a week - and I'll mull over how best we can make it a joint project.

I like the idea. Thanks for raising the concept - and I'm glad you like the photographs.

Hope to see you back here soon.

Take care

David