Saturday, May 12, 2007

Tagger, Tagger, Burning Bright (Part 1)

Here Beginneth The Book Of Revelations

I have to respond to a couple of tags today, one from Papoosue who writes Random Blethers and the other from Carol Cooper, who writes Shrink Wrapped Scream. Papoosue's tag commands me to list seven weird things about myself and tag four other people. Here goes.

1. As a kid, I wanted to be a fighter pilot; 2. Fresh out of university/ college I did a few modelling stints, including a fashion catwalk stint; 3. When I (rather proudly) revealed this to my kids some years ago, my horrified son responded with: ``You used to wear makeup and dresses?''; 4. During my university years, I wore flowered shirts and flared jeans; 5. I learnt how to drive when I was eleven years old - after nicking the family car and taking it (safely) for a drive; 6. I once drove on a car rally; 7. When I was 13, an experienced test-and-analyse expert pronounced (in writing, no less) that I was a ``classic case of an under-achiever''.

I now tag four other bloggers - Bart of Bartraeke ; Stacy of Rambling Traveler; Joel of Prof Bush and Terry of Cauldron.

16 comments:

Stacy said...

David! I don't even know where to start. I'm pretty boring, and I don't remember anyone telling me I was weird (or I blocked it out). I'll have to think about it.

Love your list, though. It made me laugh... and shake my head.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ye Gods, laddie, a full and rich past indeed..

Deborah Gamble said...

David,
You as an under achieving model. I just never would have guessed. (I through the just in there for Bart.)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Stacy,

Glad you liked the list and I thought it would make a few people laugh and shake their heads!

You - boring? I don't think so!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Aye, just a wee boy from Calcutta, nothing more.

A very lucky life - simple as that.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Debbie,

Not only did you get in before Monsieur Bart, mon ami, you trumped him completely!

I hasten to add - I only ever did the one fashion show, but a campaign that my wife did, ran for years.

Cheers

David

Anonymous said...

Hi - I was just directed to your blog from Cuckoo - and look forward to your story on bullying... but finding this gem of a post, I'm going to task some of my friends with this - curiouser and curiouser!!

david mcmahon said...

G'day Ozlady,

Nice to hear from you. Like you, I really enjoy Cuckoo's site.

I've had a pretty busy four days, but I'll have the bullying post up and running in the next 24 hours - truly!

Thank you for dropping by. I hope you have fun tagging some of your blogger-friends.

If you drop by in the next 24 hours to check the bullying post, you'll also see an interesting development that no one else has ever tried before.

Shhhh - I can't say too much!!

Cheers

David

Anonymous said...

David - sounds interesting... as Arnie would say... "I'll be back" :)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ozlady,

No worries. See you later.

David

phaseoutgirl said...

David,

"A classic case of underachiever" indeed! Well that is a classic case of wrong diagnosis! I had fun reading your post.

I will be back pretty soon...

cheers,
Cecilia

Joel said...

Oh no! A meme on the loose. This sounds like fun. And David, it's good to be in the company of another under-achiever. I heard that all through my public school years. It must have been a fashionable phrase at the time.

Best,

Papoosue said...

Great list David. Flowered shirts and flared jeans eh? Those were the days!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cecilia,

He was a very experienced man - so maybe he was referring to my Chemistry grades!

I'm so glad you had fun reading the post. I deliberately didn't tag you because I thought you were taking a week off.

Please take it easy, enjoy doing the things that make you smile - and just be yourself.

You always have my support. God bless.

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Joel,

I think you;re right - it must have been a fashionable phrase. Ah, but we were fairly fashionable too - I think!

Have a great weekend.

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Papoosue,

I thought I was cooler than an air conditioner. How wrong I was!

Take care

David