Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Sunday Roast

Meet Debbie, The Safest Gamble Of All Time

This week's interview is with Deborah Gamble,
who writes the blog Uncommon Notions.


The first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

I blog for many reasons. Recording funny anecdotes, and preserving childhood memories are two top reasons I will be found in front of a computer screen until the wee hours of the morning writing and rewriting my latest bit of prose.

What's the story behind your blog name?

In my search for a blog name that offered a subtle rhyme and was also an available standalone url (without the suffix .blogspot) I chose Uncommon Notions. In hindsight it has too many n's and is far too low in the alphabet.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

Meeting so many wonderful blog friends has added an unexpected measure of joy to my blogging hobby. It is amazing how someone in San Francisco stumbled on my blog and suggested her parents read it. They were regular readers for some time before they realized they were my sister's next-door neighbors! Blogland is beautiful terrain!

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

My advice to a new blogger is to read a variety of blogs, leave meaningful comments, and enjoy the abundance of new-found blog friends.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever read?

While its significance may be questionable, certainly the most anticipated blogpost I ever read was when one of my sisters was waiting for a summary from her blind date on their lunch meeting. We checked the blogger's url several times a day before being abundantly surprised with not a single but actually a three-part blog post at I Am Happy Today.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

It could be argued that the first blogpost Got Milk? Nope? How 'Bout Laundry? I ever wrote was the most significant. I did not entirely foresee its impact as it hurled me into a new hobby. I felt strongest about writing Why Did God Make This Place?.

Today's Sunday Roast with Deborah Gamble is the 22nd in a weekly series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.

6 comments:

Casdok said...

Your sister's next-door neighbors! It is a small world!
Great interview!

Cath said...

Great interview. Popped over to see her. Blogging is making this world smaller and smaller... :0)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

David: Cool way to do an interview.

Deborah Gamble said...

David,
Thanks for putting me in the spotlight. You rock!
Debbie

Sandi McBride said...

How lovely to meet Deborah and yet another potential blogging friend. What would we do without you David?
Sandi

Akelamalu said...

It's coincidences like that which make you realise just how small the world is! Great interview. :)