Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Baffle Of The Bulge

Like They Say In Da Classics, It's In Da Bag

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Recently, I published an intriguing picture (well, I thought it was) of a pair of scissors on a colleague's desk, in a post called Julius Scissor. In the background of the shot was a handbag and I mentioned on the post that I thought it was a Burberry bag. Promptly, the post attracted a comment from the gifted Utah-based blogger Deborah Gamble, who cut right to the chase. She said: ``The scissors are fine and all, but next time, if I may be so bold to ask, please get abetter picture of the real beauty: the purse!''

So I, ahem, "pursed" my lips and went over to my colleague who said: a) yes, it was a Burberry and b) yes, I could photograph it. But then she got out a wipe and started cleaning scuff marks (mate, I tell ya, I couldn't see any scuff marks) off its pristine surface with the distinctive checkered pattern. So, once again, Duchess of Utah, your wish is my command.

FOOTNOTE: Check, mate.

5 comments:

lissa said...

David, you always have an interesting perspective on writing and photography. This ones an interesting shot.

fyi, I have stop updating my aquarius blog for now so you may removed the link on your sidebar.

I have however started two new blogs - a photoblog (http://cloudbliss.blogspot.com/)
and a fiction writing blog (http://walktotheleft.blogspot.com/)

I'm sorry I haven't been visiting or commenting much - been busy setting them up.

Thanks for many thoughtful comments. I really appreciated them. They were very encouraging in the beginning when I started blogging, so thanks again, David.

lissa.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lissa,

How wonderful to hear from you and equally to hear that you have not abandoned blogging.

Yes I'll definitely check out those blogs of yours in the next couple of days.

Do keep in touch.

Keep smiling

David

Peaceful/Paisible said...

I love such photos, little pieces of life coming in full light...we don't enough look at things around us...that's what I try to do...In
http://wee-bits-and pieces.blogspot.com
I scan odd things I find and try to give them another life, it's quite fun...
like the colours of your photos

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mousie,

Why, thank you. As a great admirer of your unique work, I take that as a very valuable work.

Yes, I;ve been told I ``look'' at things very differently. Maybe it's just my nature to find a different viewpoint ....

Keep smiling

David

Deborah Gamble said...

David,

I was gone for a long weekend and on Monday morning the first thing I had to do was search through your 25(!) new posts to see if the Burberry handbag shot was out there. And, of course you delivered, just as you promised!