Friday, August 10, 2007

Fashion Victim

What’s The Official Line On Telekom?

Oh, the inconvenience. A German fashion model who features in a high-profile advertising campaign for Deutsche Telekom has threatened to seek another provider after waiting three months for the company to install a new phone line at her apartment. The 27-year-old, identified only as Dora, can be seen smiling brightly in posters across Germany for Telekom's new high speed connection service. But she told Bild newspaper she was fed up with waiting for her Berlin home to be connected. "I'll give them another week but that's it. After that, I'm going to switch to another provider," she said.

9 comments:

Chertiozhnik said...

Strange. Long ago I ordered some lines from Deutsche Telekom, nothing happened after a week and I phoned to complain.

An offical assured me that it was impossible, DT never get anything wrong, maybe I would like to try again in an hour, to convince myself I'd made a mistake?

And an hour later, bingo, everything was fine.

Whatever happened to the vaunted German efficiency?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Chertmeister,

DT pride themselves on that sort of magic!

It's always a pleasure to hear from you, mate

Keep smiling

David

rauf said...

oh Gene Wilder working on an ad campaign, 'Woman in Red' his affair with the model ? Kelly Le Brock i think. Hilarious.

The model appearing on Lufthansa billboards is stunning.

India is far behind in many areas but pretty fast in telecom.

Brian in Oxford said...

If she's exploring new phone company options, that would make her Dora the Explorer, no?

oh wait, do they have that show Down Under?

Anonymous said...

There must be something about he word Telekom. Telstra did the name change but bad habits die hard and I am battling with them from all the way in pommyland!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Rauf,

Kelly le Brock was certainly the star of `Woman in Red' - I remember the movie.

Lufthansa billboards - I'll have to try and view them online.

Thanks for visiting. Hope to see you here again.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

Funny you should mention that, because `Dora The Explorer' was the title I originally had on the post and then I changed it because I thought not everyone would be familiar with the show.

Yep, it's big here in Oz!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mur,

You're certainly right about the link to the name! I remember back when it was Telecom Australia.

Sorry to hear they're tangling with you and I hope it's resolved soon.

Keep smiling

David

Brian in Oxford said...

How important is it to learn Spanish in Australia?