Friday, August 24, 2007

I Christen You Spiderpig (Or Maybe Not)

Facebook Promise Was A Hoax

A man who promised to name his second child Spiderpig if enough people joined his Facebook group has admitted it was a hoax. Oli Young set up the group - called "If 100,000 people join, my wife will let me name my second child Spiderpig" - on the social networking site. Members soon rocketed to well above the required number and Mr Young, from Adelaide, was under pressure to deliver. But the web developer posted a message on the group's page informing people the idea was just a practical joke.

9 comments:

Alex L said...

Ha thats good, reminds of those send money or I'll eat the bunny websites... but not so gruesome.

none said...

Spiderpig's dad is a lucky he didn't get charged with commiting fraud on the web.

dot said...

He deserves a pie in the face and much more!

b. said...

If I were the "baby mama", I'd have a few words to say....

Akelamalu said...

I bet the child will be relieved when it gets older!

Brian in Oxford said...

Spiderpig, Spiderpig
Does whatever a spiderpig does....

(I think it's chele76 who has a recent ode -- within the last month -- to the spiderpig on her blog....)

*Goddess* said...

Thank God. Celebs come up with enough crazy names as it is. We don't need more of them.

Anonymous said...

Although we have yet to see the Simpson's movie...my husband and daughter just crack up over the trailer that features 'spiderpig' ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.