Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No Free Launch

I'm Ya Skipper, Don't Call Me Mate

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


As you can see, I've been delving into my archives. These shots were taken in mid-September last year, on a warm, blustery day at the St Kilda Marina here in Melbourne. I had just got my hands on this Pentax and it was a great way to get used to my first digital SLR. I just want to point out to my friend Bob T Bear that the warning in the picture below says ``No bare feet'', and not ``No bear feet''.

FOOTNOTE: The hulls are alive, with the sound of music.

Click here: Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/250, F11, ISO speed 200.

8 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Yes but wat abowt bare Bear feet?

david mcmahon said...

Ah, BTBear,

You are one step ahead of me - as usual!

Keep smiling

David

Merisi said...

*chuckle*
So very cute.
One can get so used to not have to think anymore. In the USA, you want one any packaged goods that won't tell you "This end up" or "Open here". Visiting in Austria, I came across some tetra-pack of tomatoes. I started turning and turning it and it took me quite a while what I was looking for, the familiar "Open here". Not done in Europe, Sir, they want you to use your wits. Most of the time, that is. ;-)
I hope you are feeling better!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Merisi,

I really enjoyed that comment. Yes, we do become used to being told what to do, where to open a pack, etc!

Getting better slowly, thank you.

Keep smiling

David

dot said...

They wouldn't have to worry about me putting my feet out there, bare or shoed! I'd prefer to keep them on dry land.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Dot,

I don't get seasick or anything, but I think I was born to be a grateful landlubber!

Keep smiling

David

Mrs Mac said...

Hullo!
I like this pic.
Ah, I see Bob has already been along....

If you get a mo, have a look at a photo I've posted today. I'm not often satisfied with my pic's, but I like this one!

Helena

RUTH said...

Well done b.t. bear! :o)