Wednesday, July 25, 2007

At A Loo’s End

Producer Is Flush With Funds

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

A Kenyan film about two people stuck in a toilet has secured a deal for international release. The film, Malooned, is a romantic drama about two people from different tribes who have to resolve their prejudices when they become locked in a washroom. The deal for international release was secured after the film won two awards at the Zanzibar film festival. Producer Bob Nyanja says he was inspired by a true story about a university professor who was locked in a toilet for several hours. The film was produced for less than a third of the $2.5m deal signed with Pretty Pictures International.

12 comments:

Victorya said...

This can either turn out really interesting or really really bad. . . .

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

Hope it comes out well in the end! lol

Brian in Oxford said...

I can understand being locked in the bathroom....but the actual toilet itself? Somebody needs to climb up and over (or under, but that's probably dirtier).

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

No one wanted to write a book, never mind to make a whole film about that time when I was stuck in the loo at Battersea Park for over one and a half hours. Guess you really need to have the contacts, eh?

BRUNO said...

Maybe it was a PAY toilet, and they argue over the FUNDING for, what---TWO hours, and eventually "pool their resources"???

Produced for less than a TURD---I mean, THIRD of the deal with PPI...!

little things said...

My aunt once fell down into a porta-pottie when she was a child. I hope no one ever makes a movie about that!
This sound interesting though. I love odd Indie films!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Victorya,

We're appointing you our own film critic. Off you go - and report back tonight!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ms Creek,

Like a wise man once said, the job ain;t done until the paperwork is finished!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

I reckon I'd escape upwards, rather than crawling under!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

I've always wanted to make a shot film - and you;ve just given me the subject.

You can play yourself in the movie. And we'll split the profits ....

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

G'day Bruno,

You made me laugh. I do have a weakness for puns but you have left me for dead with this comment!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi It'sthelittlethings,

Maybe she can be the co-star in the suggested film I told Carol (Shrink) about (see above).

Keep smiling

David