Friday, July 27, 2007

The Buck, Er, Bug Stops Here

If At First You Don't Succeed, Thigh, Thigh Again

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


So there I was, on my way home. Going southbound. Stuck at a traffic light. On a side street, six lanes away, I spot a Volkswagen Bug with an unusual paint job. Mate, I tell ya, they were the longest legs in the world. Gotta get the picture. Drive to the next set of lights. Get across three lanes. Manoeuvre into the turning lane. U-turn. Now I'm going northbound. Get across another three lanes and turn into the side street. Suspense. Is the Bug still there? Yup. Whew! And if you really must know, the vehicle was advertising a laser hair removal place.

FOOTNOTE: Volkswagen? That's no ordinary folks' wagon.

Click here: Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/250, F8, ISO speed 400.

12 comments:

Alex L said...

This reminds me of this banana yellow magna that gets around bendigo, its the worst color ever, it to though is adverting some sort of beauty place.

Sam said...

lol..... you surely did "thigh" for this pic!! :)

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

So it's true then, show a bit of leg and men will go to the ends of the earth to capture it.. (smug I-knew-it smile).

david mcmahon said...

Mate, (Your Eminence)

Tail hat Magna. Photograph it. And write a blogpost!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Thanks, Sam,,

Nice to hear from you. It was too good a photograph to miss!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Ah, Carol,

The Mata Hari approach doesn't always work. But photographers won;t drive past an opportunity like that and ignore it!!

Keep smiling

David

Bart said...

Does your wife know how much trouble you'll go to in order to get a good look at a pair of legs?

david mcmahon said...

Ah, Bart-Man,

Perceptive as a Supreme Court judge. Shrink came so close to this question but you are in there like a homing pigeon.

In my defence, your honour. I rang her and told her I would be a trifle late as I was off photographing a rather stuning set of pins, as we refer to them here in the Antipodes.

So, there!

Keep smiling, Mister Rhyme and Treason

David

Mansi said...

Hi david,

Nice picture, I'm sure my husband would wanna take a look:) And also, thanks for stopping by at my blog and leaving those nice comments...you were the first commentor!!!

-Mansi
http://funnfud.blogspot.com

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mansi,

I'd like to know whether your husband would have done a 180-degree turn and driven across six lanes of peak traffic to take the picture!

Glad to know I posted your first comment. You can always contact me here with any queries. Always happy to help.

Keep smiling

David

skinnylittleblonde said...

Those cars are just so dad-gum cute, they can be used to advertise anything! This is much more provocative than the usual lady bug & bumble bee!

david mcmahon said...

Hi SkinnyLittle Blonde,

Tha amazing thing is that the basic design has not been altered in 70 years. Isn't that astonishing!

Keep smiling

David