Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sweet And Shower Sauce

India To Tap New Talent With `Bathroom Singer'

Stand aside, buddy, let me through. An Indian television channel is introducing "Bathroom Singer", a new singing contest on the Filmy entertainment channel. I was still chuckling at the post Too Much Info on US-based Dawn's blog, when I came across this news story. Yep, it's true - Indian producers are looking for untrained performer who can sing in the shower and enthral viewers at the same time. According to Shailesh Kapoor, Filmy's content and marketing boss, contestants have to be 18 and over and will exercise their vocal cords in a studio set that replicates a bathroom with tiled walls, showers and taps. Worried? No, you can keep your clothes on.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean, you "have" to keep your clothes on? Too bad, since I can't score with my voice. *chuckle*

Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha... ooops. It ain't funny.

In India everybody thinks that it's his/her birthright to be a bathroom singer.
And yeah, clothes on ! India is a shy country.. very conservative.. they don't allow kissing/holding hands in public, they don't talk about sex education and so on.

FHB said...

Yea, we had one briefly where people were secretly filmed singing in theor cars.

Cuckoo said...

FHB,
Ha Ha... Now you got it ! ;)

Sam said...

ah! finally something for people like me!! :) am so happy..... :P

david mcmahon said...

Hi Merisi,

I'm ruled out on all counts!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cuckoo,

I missed out on the birthright. I keep telling my kids I coulda been a rock singer - but they just laugh!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

Did they film you? I'm guessing you would have been one gravel-voiced dude!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Sam,

Tell me when you;re going to audition!

Keep smiling

David