Friday, July 20, 2007

Gizmo Machismo :)

From Internet To Sprinternet

Want to download a full-length movie to your PC in less than two seconds? Follow the example of Swedish woman Sigbritt Lothberg – who is 75 years old. Her 40 gigabits-per-second fibre-optic connection in Karlstad is believed to be the fastest residential uplink in the world. It is many thousand times faster than most residential connections, said Hafsteinn Jonsson, head of the Karlstad city network unit. Jonsson and Lothberg's son, Peter, worked together to install the connection. The speed is reached using a new modulation technique that allows the sending of data between two routers placed up to 1240 miles apart, without any transponders in between, Jonsson said. "We wanted to show that that there are no limitations to Internet speed," he said.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David.
I have had YesBut’s Team of Technical Wiz Kids working on the problem of links to websites and profiles. Bleary eyed they have come up with the solution.

When you post a comment you are given three options of choice of identity:
“Blogger display name” (if you choose this your link is back to your profile).
“Other” (if you choose you can enter a link back to your web page)
“Anonymous (no link)

I have chosen other and this link should take me back to http://grumpyandfarting.blogspot.com/

So you now know what to do to get a link back to your site rather than your profile.

Damn clever these wiz kids.

david mcmahon said...

Mate,

You and I are functioning on ESP. I just visited your site about two minutes ago and left you a comment.

You and your technical Wiz Kids can take the next two days off and I will hang my noble head in shame.

Ahem, arise Sir YesBut

Yours, humbly

David

Anonymous said...

Hi David
Glad that little problem is sorted out.
Just tested the link on YesBut’s Images and it brought me right back to this page and not your profile.

Unfortunately I cannot take the next two days off, Mrs Mop says I have to stay in this weekend and clean the office, while Mrs YesBut and her go to the Grand Ball.

Tony said...

Hi David
Back again.
Swedish not Swiss.
The only thing the Swiss have are Cuckoo clocks and ball bearings

david mcmahon said...

Hi YesBut,

Looks like I'm going to have to call you Cinderella, if you get gated for the weekend while everyone else goes to the Ball!

Thank you very much for pointing out that embarrassing error. Have fixed it - thanks to you.

Cheers

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Whoa, I need to hide this post from my eldest, or I'll never get any peace..

Ak-Man said...

Life really must suck if you're still on dial-up.

david mcmahon said...

Hi YesBut,

I expect a blogpost on the pumpkin coach - complete with picture!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Peace? You want peace - when you are writing a novel and you have a home full of teenagers!!

Always wonderful to hear from you.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ak-Man,

Too true. Talk about putting a smile on our dial (up)!!

Keep smiling

David

Alex L said...

oh thats just dandy isnt it.... and here I am stuck downlo.... erh , I dont download music.... I never thought I'd be jealous of a scandinavian old lady, but I guess theres a time for everything isnt there.