Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Marge Simpson, Catwalk Queen

She's A Model , After A Fashion

Marge Simpson has gone from harassed Springfield housewife to glam catwalk queen. Stylists for Harper’s Bazaar have transformed the cartoon character into a magazine model, for a eight-page photo shoot alongside supermodel Linda Evangelista. She is said to cut a stunning figure, draped in famous designer labels, including Versace, for a fashion spread in the August issue of glossy mag Harper's Bazaar. Yes, even Homer steps into a designer suit while Bart, Lisa and Maggie also joined the fashion shoot. But will Marge’s blue beehive be replaced by stunning straight locks? Watch this space.

4 comments:

Lady_T said...

O you're kidding me! Wow theyve even gone into advertising with fictitious characters now? Go marge, do your thing! lol

*Goddess* said...

I saw some of these pics. What a cute idea. Having convenience stores turned into Kwiki Marts was clever, too.

They are really pushing this movie. I hope it lives up to the hype.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lady T,

Would I kid you? Never. Not on the subject of Marge!

Yeah, I'm with you. Go, Marge!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Goddess,

It's been very clever hype, as you so rightly point out.

No run-of-the-mill PR pushes.

Yep, I hope the flick lives up to it. I'm sure it will.

Keep smiling

David