Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lens Miserables

Here’s Lookin’ At You, Kim

Ever seen an Identikit image of a monkey? There's always a first time! A South Korean tourist has filed a complaint against a monkey he says stole his reading glasses during his visit to the Hindu holy city of Varanasi in northern India. Kim Dang Hoon says he opened his hotel room window for fresh air when the monkey made his move. Part of the frame was recovered, but Kim will make a claim on his travel insurance.

FOOTNOTE: The monkey made a spectacle of himself.

8 comments:

Merisi said...

Those rigid insurance rules, "No police filing, no money", I guess.
There are no monkeys in Austria (I think! *g*), but I have heard of magpies stealing shiny things from window sills.

Merisi said...

Re the Grüne Veltliner wine, I can give you a hint: During winter months, the Viennese sell hot spiced red wine in little wooden huts all over the city. ;-)

Brian in Oxford said...

Monkey: "It wasn't me! You cops think all us monkeys look the same!"

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

When we were on Safari in Kenya, my daughter had her sunglasses pinched right off her nose, as she went to the loo! I tracked the felon down, climbed a tree, and snatched them back again. (He oblidgingly helped, by throwing them at me, as he fled.) Damnned cheek!!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Merisi,

Yes, magpies are attracted to anything that shines, apparently.

Gotta love the insurance rules!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

Cop: It was you, mate. Why d'you think they pay me peanuts? There's a staff fleas in force here.

Couldn't resist that!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi again, Merisi,

Ah, now I get the picture!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

You rassled a monkey? My admiration for your stout spirit is increasing yet again.

Keep smiling

David