Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rays, Romano

High Noon On A Mid-Winter Melbourne Day

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


This street sign made a perfect overhanging silhouette for a shot taken across Princes Bridge. Without it, this frame would just have been a run-of-the-mill shot of the sky, the sun and part of the skyline. But I enjoy introducing an extra dimension to my photographs and the extended contour of the street sign was just perfect in this case.

Click here: Pentax K10D, Shutter 1/4000, F 16, ISO speed 400

6 comments:

Lady_T said...

O My God! SUN!! I havent seen that in ages, almost forgotten what it looked like.

Brian in Oxford said...

David, I love the sky shots. I'm just glad your camera doesn't go blind from staring up like that.

Anonymous said...

You're right David, the street sign certainly adds to the mystery of this shot, making it more ethereal. A perfect background for a scene from the Hound of the Baskervilles, I'd say.

Rene.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lady T,

The funny thing is that we get heaps of sun here, even on winter days.

The best days are the ones that start with a heavy frost - because they are cloudless, sunny days.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

Glad they work for you. Jeez, I'd better take the camera to a good eye surgeon, just to make sure there's no lasting damage!!

I'm a keen pupil of eyes!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Rene,

You've given me an idea for the Hound shot. I know exactly where to go for it, and I just need the right weather.

Watch this space!

Cheers

David