Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wii Are The World

Nintendo Workout Is In The Fitness Of Things

A Canadian health club is offering a new form of exercise for people bored with the treadmill or cycling classes - the Wii Workout Station. Studio 55 in Vancouver has incorporated a Nintendo Wii into circuit training where users can punch, run and jump with the system's movement-sensitive controller. While some other gyms have combined stationary bikes with PlayStations and Xboxes in a bid to win younger clients Nintendo Canada said this is the first they have heard of a gym using the Wii in its schedule.

FOOTNOTE: Game for anything.

5 comments:

Merisi said...

After having spent the better part of the morning trying to put our household back together after weeks of travelling, I can but smile about the exercise boredom some people suffer. My "work-out" parcour sure beats Nintendo. ;-)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Merisi,

That was a very quick reaction, all the way from Austria. I got thrashed at Nintendo by my kids, so I don't think I'd be in a hurry to include it in my exercise regimen!

Lovely to hear from you.

Keep smiling

David

RUTH said...

One of daughters has a Wii and says it's great excercise.BTW I do enjoy your post titles; very clever.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ruth,

The Wii is a great concept and is a great technical step as well.

I'm so glad you enjoy the post titles, Ruth. Thank you. As you can see, I have a lot of fun dreaming them up!

Cheers

David

Brian in Oxford said...

I've read about old-folks' communities using Wii to start up bowling leagues, if not tennis.

As long as the motion-capture technology is accurate, it sounds great.