Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gizmo Machismo :)

Meccano's New Robot Makes A Head Start

Okay, who's started making their wish list for Santa? Looks like a robot called Spyke is tipped to be the must-have 2007 Christmas present  for adults. The 30cm robot can help around the house, can check whether the children are doing their homework, and even see if you have left the oven on. It can play music, make telephone calls over the internet and has a camera for a head. The wireless network-controlled Spyke can even be accessed from work so people can see what's going on at home. The robot is manufactured by Meccano.

8 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

OMG, I need to watch my back; looks like I'm soon to be replaced.. gulp.

Ak-Man said...

I always said that if I could clone myself I'd just send my clone to work so that I could chill at home all day.

If they upgrade this robot to do my job I'll buy a couple.

Don't be scared Carol . . . think of the spare time. You could learn a foreign language, martial arts or to ride a bike.

Good times

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Crismoss list:

Pants, choklit peanuts, new futboll kit, pants, sumthing with Lisa Simpson on, choklit peanuts, bloo pensil, pants, choklit footballs an pants.

Eny kwestchuns?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Replace you? No robot could ever replace you.

No army of robots could ever replace you ...

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ak-Man,

I could buy a robot to do my job and then I could sit at home all day and surf the net.

Spare time! Heaven ...

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

And a Lisa Simpson alarm clock .... which is proving very elusive here in Melbourne.

Cheers

David

Papoosue said...

Sounds a bit too 'Big Brother' for me I'm afraid. Talking of Christmas lists, my 6 year old son is quite keen to get started on his now!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Papoosue,

And what's wrong with making a Christmas wish list now? I made mine four weeks ago!

Tell your son from me that he has the right idea!

Keep smiling

David