Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back-Seat Deriver

Aussie Needed, For Driving Miss Deborah

My good friend, Utah-based blogger Deborah Gamble, is looking for an Australian. No, no, she’s very happily married, but she figures it’d be more fuel-efficient if she acted on something I posted last week. It all started when a colleague of mine told me (and I quote) ``The average Australian walks 900 miles a year, and drinks 22 gallons of beer a year, which means the average Australian gets about 41 miles per gallon.’’

Debbie was swift with her calculations. In the weekend post A Cleaner Burning Fuel, she reckons she’s going to swap her people-mover and opt for Plan B, which is ``to drive an Australian’’. I won’t give you all her punchlines, but you can see why there is good logic behind her assertion, ``There must be at least one Aussie that would prefer a sledding party Christmas to a beach party Christmas.’’

6 comments:

Deborah Gamble said...

Driving Miss Deborah - I love it! It would never have become a blog without your prodding, David.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good god!!!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Debbie,

I have a list of 20 (mainly male) applilcants already. All my colleagues!

May I just say, it is a wonderfully refreshing blog too.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Sam,

Good Debbie, you mean! Her logic is terrific.

Cheers

David

Deborah Gamble said...

David,

I am slowly destroying my Yukon as you may have noticed in a photo posted a few days ago. So, keep those applicants on notice. I may be needing an Australian soon!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I did see the wear and tear on the Yukon - I feel your pain.

Mind you, all my colleagues are preparing to fly to Utah.

You'll have one for every day of the week!

Cheers

David