Friday, June 15, 2007

H€adlines & D€adlines

Cray’s Anatomy

Pointing out stories you may have missed: A rare blue lobster has dodged the dinner plate and will live out its days at Connecticut's Mystic Aquarium. The 1.5-pound (700 grams) lobster turned up last weekend in a trap set by lobstermen Steve Hatch and Robert Green at the mouth of the Thames River in New London. Hatch said he'd heard about blue lobsters but this was the first one he's ever seen. Aquarium curator Catherine Ellis said only one in three million lobsters are "true blue," meaning their colour is the result of genetics and not the environment. But she said that once cooked, they turn red like any other lobster.

News source: UPI.

9 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

All cudos to the lobster (sure hope they don't find that discarded can of spray-paint he used).

Anonymous said...

Obviously he wasn't crabby that day and made a good impression. Good when you can do that in a pinch!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

I thought the lobster was just singing the blues!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

``Crabby,'' ``in a pinch'' - you're right on the ball. Very quick with the repartee, as always!

I'll look for an escape claws!

Cheers

David

Brian in Oxford said...

This is what I miss when I *leave* Connecticut to go on vacation. I need an update via Australia! :)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

Great to hear from you - and I'm always happy to provide updates for you!

Keep smiling

David

Anonymous said...

escape claws - LOVE IT!!!

Keep 'em coming David!!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

Don't encourage me with puns!

Cheers

David

Ak-Man said...

Since all the puns seem done I'll just say that I havent eaten lobster before : (

Had crab on a few occasions though . . . but thats comparings cod to [insert expensive fish]

Some please tell me that lobster ain't all it's 'cracked up to be' . . . hehehe get it?