Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Star Tech

Okay, So We Get The Picture

I had an interesting question on the weekend from that livewire blogger Bart.

``How do you format your photos in your posts? Do you link to a separate locale? And how do you get the little copyright blurb in there? I've seen others do this, not always with copyrights. Some pictures I'd like to caption separately and I have no clue how.’’

My photos are also saved as jpeg files, and I only ever upload low-res versions of the original hi-res files. When I’ve written my post and I’m ready to upload a picture, I simply click on the coloured ``Add Image’’ icon. Then I choose the alignment I require and tick ``Left’’ if I want the picture to align on the left-hand side of the post, or ``Centre’’ if I want it in the middle, or ``Right’’ if I want it to appear on the right. Then I tick the Size icon. I use ``small’’ if I need the little dinkus that appears with the Gizmo Machismo posts or the H€adlines & D€adlines segments. But if I’m just posting a normal picture, I tick the ``large’’ box.

Then you just need to click the ``Browse’’ option and select a folder or desktop, depending on where you’ve saved the image you need. Tick the precise image you require and hit the ``Upload’’ box. As I mentioned in a Star Tech segment on 29 April, the picture will appear in a default position up the top of the post.

To drag the picture to its intended position, simply click on it to activate the element, then drag and place it. To enlarge the image, just click on it to activate the element. Then click on any of the toggles that outline the picture and enlarge to whatever width and depth you choose.

As for the ``copyright'' lines I use under my pictures - they are typed in normally. Then I highlight the text and click the ``Centre Text'' option, click B for bold text. You can also display it in a different typeface/ font and size by clicking and choosing respective options from the pulldown menu.

16 comments:

Bart said...

ARGH!

You're kidding, that's it?? Oh man, you'll find me in the corner, wearing the dunce cap...

Or writing more of this story. And yes, please, keep on me. Like I said a couple days ago, I doubt I'll post past Chap 2 or 3 or so, if I even post those up fully, so I'll need poking and prodding.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart-Man,

Loved your response! But before you throw yourself, lemming-like, off the nearest cliff, here’s a thought. Don’t despair – sometimes the hard questions have incredibly easy answers. And don’t don the dunce cap yet. I’ve earned it this week, as you’ll see in a forthcoming post about Mrs Authorblog ….

I’ll keep on your case as you asked. Don’t you worry about that!

Cheers

David

FHB said...

Cool as hell. I'll try this myself... the coppyrighting thing that is. Thanks.

Mega said...

This is a great and helpful post, thank you David.

Mega said...

oh and I received and read your book!

EXCELLENT!

I gushed over it on my blog. Hopefully I'll inspire more humanoids like myself to purchase it.

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU for writing an excellent book sir.

Fletch said...

Aaarrghhhhhh!!

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

Look forward to seeing it on your blog ...

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Dan,

Great to hear from you. Glad the post was helpful.

I'm so glad you liked the book. Must race over to your blog to see what you thought of it.

Many thanks for the kind words

David

david mcmahon said...

'Sup, El Tel,?

Sounds like you're in chorus with Bart!

Cheers

David

FHB said...

Aaaa, my stuff is mostly throw away shots from the phone. I probably won't bother. Now, Mushy has some program that lets him put it at the bottom of the picture itself. Any ideas about that?

Anonymous said...

Inspired by this post, which is great for posting images from within blogger, here is a post on how to insert images from Flickr, just in case anyone finds this useful.

Flickr Photo Hosting and Posting

Great job, David!

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

Always knew Mushy was a rocket scientist, with gizmos galore.

Thank goodness we have nerdy buddies!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

Saw your post a couple of hours ago and left a comment. Terrific reference - thank you.

Cheers

David

Fletch said...

Naaahhhh!

My response was because it has all been 'exposed' on the Playpen for some time now. Go take a look.

There may be other ideas that 'peeps' can lift.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

You could also put the photo in "Paint" and save it with a text box underneath.

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

Never thought of that one. Good call, lateral thinker.

Cheers

David