Saturday, June 16, 2007

Look At The Fog, Phileas

Would You Call That A Pea-Souper, Trooper?

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


These pictures were taken 24 hours ago, just after 8.30 Friday morning - that's Melbourne time, which is nine hours ahead of most of Europe and sixteen hours ahead of the US east coast. The fog was pretty heavy, as you can see - even the mid-size office skyscrapers were completely obscured. As the first picture shows, there's nothing visible beyond the cathedral spires. And the second shot (below) was just a fluke, because two birds flew low overhead while I was near the (Yarra) river. Instinctively, I just swung the camera up - and just about managed to get them in the frame. There's a Dickensian touch to the photograph, I guess. I was kind of expecting Oliver Twist or the Artful Dodger to turn up at any moment!

2 comments:

M. CHRISTOPHE said...

Hello David

Thank you for your comment on my photo blog.
I like your picture about skyscraper.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Laurent,

Thank you. You do have a refreshing blog and I would love my readers to check it out.

Cheers

David